Grand Valley State University
Course Section Enrollment reports
This web tool delivers reports of GVSU course offerings from Fall 1992 through the pending academic year. Courses are only reported if they either (a) had at least one enrollee at the census date, or (b) have not yet had a census date.
To ease the burden on our web server and your web browser, you MUST select a subset of courses by typing all or part of a course ID to be matched. Matching is case-insensitive and two types of wildcard characters are allowed:
- A "*" can be used to represent any string of 0 or more characters -- e.g. "fin*" will yield all Finance classes (at least those whose course ID starts with FIN), and "*495*" would yield courses in any department that bear the number 495. A trailing "*" is presumed, so typing "FIN" will get you the same results as "FIN*".
- A "?" wildcard represents any one character. For example, to list private music lessons (which typically have a "forty-something" number) you can type "mus ?4" and get sections of MUS 141 and MUS 344, among others, but not MUS 104 or MUS 499.
- You can also specify all of the courses offered by a particular college by typing "-" followed by the 2-digit Banner code for that college, i.e.
- "-CI" = College of Education & Community Engagement
- "-CP" = Collegeof Community & Public Service
- "-EC" = Padnos College of Engineering & Computing
- "-ED" = College of Education
- "-HL" = College of Health Professions
- "-II" = Brooks College of Interdisciplinary Studies
- "-LA" = College of Liberal Arts & Sciences
- "-NU" = Kirkhof College of Nursing
- "-SB" = Seidman College of Business
You may choose to display section-level detail (default) or summaries where multi-section courses are consolidated:
|Section Reports include...
||Course Summaries include...
* - Scheduling details are simplified by including only the 1st of up to 6 meeting times/locations per section. A column labeled "Add'l Mtgs" indicates whether (and how many) additional times and or locations were indicated for the course section. Room capacities shown pertain only to the first location listed for each course section.
The column labeled "Seats" is the maximum course capacity designated by the academic unit, and may be different from the room capacity. Data capture date is listed as "Census" for semesters for which census data exist. For upcoming and recently-begun terms, data are captured and posted weekly on Monday mornings, and the date of that capture is listed.
Output should open in MSExcel or your Browser's MSExcel plug-in.